Call Centre Operative
Full time - 35 hours a week (Part time is available)
Call centre opening times 8am - 8pm Monday-Friday, 9am - 1pm Saturday (a working pattern will be agreed with your manager)
My client is recruiting for a number of call centre/customer service operatives who possess outstanding problem-solving and listening skills, to do whatever it takes to sort out the problems – quickly, fairly and in a human way.
Purpose of your role:
By listening carefully, asking thoughtful questions, thinking pragmatically and communicating effectively, you’ll quickly understand and get to the heart of the problems people bring to us. Using empathy and first-class problem solving skills you’ll gain the confidence of our customers in delivering impartial answers that are both fair and feel fair .
you’re accountable for...
our customers - our people - our reach - our service
- putting people at the heart of everything we do so that our customer's needs come first
- taking responsibility for delivering your objectives – and working with your team to contribute to meeting our wider commitments
- listening to the full story to get to the heart of problems – asking the right questions to uncover potentially hidden issues, and capturing details and insight accurately on our systems
- taking responsibility for a wide range of enquiries and problems – whatever stage they’re at – and making sure you understand and evaluate the key information so you can reach fair outcomes
- being proactive and organised – doing all you can to ensure problems are sorted out as quickly and efficiently as possible, so that there are no customers waiting
- tailoring the way you engage with each customer – whether business or consumer – taking account of the individual circumstances in each case and the impact the problem is having on those involved
- communicating effectively over the phone, in writing and on social media, in a clear, balanced and thoughtful way – showing you understand the customer’s point of view whether you agree with them or not
- showing an active interest in the world around you – identifying emerging issues and sharing relevant insight with your team and your manager
- developing and sharing your knowledge across a range of different kinds of problems and situations
- using the tools available to continuously develop your knowledge and ability to progress customer's problems as far as you can yourself
- listening to, and acting on, customer feedback to get things back on track and resolve any service complaints promptly and fairly
- identifying measurable improvements we can make for our customers and for our service
- caring about the confidential and personal data you’ll be handling – and treating information like this with discretion and sensitivity
- delivering a fair and efficient service that reflects the diversity of our customers and our people
your experience includes...
- helping customers with their problems – quickly, fairly and in a way that’s human and tailored to their individual needs
- an outstanding problem solver – to analyse and evaluate information, often involving situations that are unclear and sensitive
- communicating in a straightforward and approachable way with people at all levels , showing that you understand their situation and how it affects them
- building rapport and relationships by listening to, understanding and empathising with others – caring about the world around you, and the difference you make
- influencing and negotiating – understanding different perspectives and reaching consensus where possible
- prioritising your workload with pace and flexibility to meet targets – adapting as things change and taking ownership for moving things as far forward as quickly as possible
- being approachable and collaborative, and working well as part of a team
- being personally accountable for getting the detail right and being accurate – while still seeing the bigger picture, to get to the heart of what really matters
If you are interested in this position or would like further information please feel free to call and speak to Sunny on 0203 1742095