Product Test Analyst - Milton Keynes
Location: Milton Keynes, England
Salary: GBP30000 - GBP36000 per annum
Product Test Engineer
Are you a versatile Automation Test Engineer who wants to work for an exciting company?
The Test Engineer will be responsible for the quality of existing software, creating test scripts, diagnosing, reporting, tracking, development, maintenance and implementation of test cases and scripts. The Tester will also be responsible for planning, managing and controlling Product testing activities, processes, tools and resources.
The Product Test Engineer will have knowledge of different types of testing including Automated testing, manual testing, load testing, smoke testing, risk based testing, system testing, regression testing, integration testing, functional testing and user acceptance testing.
• Ensure releases are delivered on time whilst maintaining high quality standards and that products delivered are fit for purpose.
• Liaise with Product Development to understand & plan product testing & defect resolutions.
• Liaise with Operations and Customer Support in replicating Customer issues.
• Communicate in both verbal and written form to various levels of stakeholders.
• Review and understand Requirements Documents / Functional Specifications.
• Define test scenarios.
• Estimate test effort and timescales.
• Create and execute test scripts with associated data.
• Implement automation tests derived from test scripts in our C# / Selenium automation framework.
• Raise defects to defined product standards and retest fixed defects.
Key skills required:
Exposure to an Agile/Scrum environment
Diagnosing, Reporting, Resolving and Tracking
Developing manual & automated test suites
Automated testing tools such as Selenium Web-Driver
Proven understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle, software testing lifecycle and ability to manage multiple projects.
Other key skills include:
Behaviour Driven development using tools like Cucumber or SpecFlow.
MS Test Manager
Automated test tools.
• Experience with Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for Product Backlogs, Tasks & Bugs
• Experience with Test Automation using Selenium Webdriver.
• A degree or a similar qualification in Computer Science or a related subject would be advantageous.
• A knowledge of the Financial Services industry.
This Tester role will suit someone who has a background in testing of business software with demonstrable experience of the full test lifecycle.
It is essential that all Testers/Engineers have first class communication skills – both written and verbal, great team working skills, well organised, show initiative, logical thinker, work to strict deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
For the successful Automation Test Engineer, we offer a competitive package along with excellent career opportunities.
For more information please contact Graham Feegan on email@example.com or call 01908 506 506
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".